Leviticus 6:1-7:27 / Mark 3:7-30 / Psalm 37:1-11 / Proverbs 10:3-4
“Trust in the Lord and do good. Dwell in the land and feed on His faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord and He shall give you the desires of your heart.”
“Commit your way to the Lord, trust in Him and He will bring it to pass.”
“But those who wait on the Lord shall inherit the earth.”
These verses contain powerful promises for those who are living lives that are obedient to the Lord. Many times we read verses like these and willingly accept the benefits they offer but are unwilling to do the “action” that is needed in order for these blessings to be fulfilled.
These are the words that require action on our part:
▪ TRUST in the Lord = believe that His words and promises and infallible and true and that as we trust, believe and obey Him, He will bring them to pass.
▪ DWELL in the land = live contentedly and thankfully where you are right now knowing and trusting that God is your Provider and He has great plans for your life.
▪ FEED on His faithfulness = the greatest source we have to feed on is the Bible. It contains story after story of God’s faithful provision. The Lord promises to supply us each day with all we need to walk in joy and obedience – this is just as true and powerful today as it was long ago.
▪ DELIGHT yourself in the Lord = have a thankful and praise-filled heart acknowledging the Lord’s providence and blessings in your life.
▪ COMMIT your way to the Lord = don’t try and do it your way, wait on the Lord and walk things out in His timing and in His way.
▪ WAIT on the Lord= be content to be in His timing. Don’t be “fast food” minded, but be willing to wait on God believing that the things He has promised you will come to pass.