Deuteronomy 26:1-27:26 / Luke 10:38-11:13 / Psalm 76:1-12 / Proverbs 12:15-17
Matthew 6:9-13: PRAYING THE WAY JESUS TAUGHT (A REALLY HELPFUL GUIDE TAKEN FROM THE DP JOURNAL):
1. “OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN” Worship the person of God through praise, thanksgiving and singing - affirming our identity as children of God. “HALLOWED BE YOUR NAME” Praise God for who He is and what He has done.
2. “YOUR KINGDOM COME, YOUR WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN”
1. My life (Daily surrender of every area, asking for fresh filling of the Holy Spirit)
2. My family (family members, friends)
3. My church (Pastors, leaders, events)
4. My world (Body of Christ, spiritual and political leaders, city, state, nation, world, revival, awakening, harvest)
3. “GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD” Pray dependently, consistently, specifically and expectantly for physical, emotional and spiritual needs
4. “FORGIVE US OUR DEBTS, AS WE FORGIVE OUR DEBTORS”
1. Receiving God’s forgiveness for ourselves (Confession and cleansing)
2. Releasing God’s forgiveness to others (canceling their debt)
5. “DO NOT LEAD US (ALLOW US TO BE LEAD) INTO TEMPTATION BUT DELIVER US FROM THE EVIL ONE” Take particular areas of temptation before the Lord, surrendering to God’s strength and protection, as well as taking authority over the enemy, committing to resisting his attacks.
6. “YOURS IS THE KINGDOM AND POWER AND GLORY FOREVER”
a. The Kingdom - Resting in the knowledge that God’s rule and dominion is working in us and around us.
b. The Power – Relying on the dynamic, abundant, mighty, miracle-working, creative power of God.
c. The Glory – Reflecting God’s excellence, honor, beauty, majesty and splendor to the world.